Monday, April 23, 2007

Wandering with the Wileys

I'm not sure when it first happened, perhaps it was that story about the first Wiley coming across the pond as a criminal that peeked my curiosity in the family history. It was a fascinating story, but one I hoped to prove wrong. Or it could have been that elusive Frazee Family Bible that Aunt Kathryn Frazee used to talk about. But since then I have been smitten with the genealogy bug. Little by little over the past 30 years I have tried to accumulate facts, separate fiction, visit sites and find pictures of the Wiley-Frazee families. This first attempt at a blog is not so much about me, as it is about all of us and the common heritage and ancestry we share. For the most part the Wileys (and Frazees) have pretty much stayed put "Back Home Again in Indiana," so the title of this blog could be misleading. However, our forefathers and mothers came from other places and some of us have settled in other places, so hopefully this blog can wander (and wonder) with us to learn more about who we are and where we are going.

This is a work in progress and I would love to have your contributions: anecdotes, remembrances, photos, history, whatever you could contribute to round out and fill in our family history and heritage. I look forward to hearing from you! Though the miles separate us our common journey will bring us closer.

The focus of this blog will be the descendants of Charles Aden Wiley and Frances Izetta Frazee, but hopefully there will be enough to interest the greater Wiley-Frazee family as we put our heads together to find out where we came from.

4 comments:

Big Apple Mami said...

Very cool Dad! Look forward to learning more! And, is that story about the criminal true???

Gary said...

So far I haven't proved it one way or the other. The search continues.

Unknown said...

Hey Dad, this is great! I am glad that you are writing all of this down for posterity sake... :)
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hello,
I came across your Wiley Wanderings blog when I was researching my Moore ancestors. You probably know this already, but Frances Izetta Frazee's mother was Flora Josephine Moore.
Best regards,
Debi C.
Nederland, CO